The only kid to survive the carnage at a childcare facility in northern Thailand last week was a 3-year-old sleeping with a blanket covering her face.
Paveenut Supolwong, also known as Ammy, was sleeping when the incident happened, according to his parents, who spoke to Reuters.
A guy with a pistol and a knife stormed into a childcare facility in Nong Bua Lamphu and started assaulting instructors and kids who were enjoying their usual naps, killing more than 30 people.
Supolwong’s mother, Panompai Sithong, told Reuters, “I’m in shock.” “I have sympathy for other families… I’m relieved my child is still alive. It’s a conflicted emotion of grief and appreciation.”
Sithong also said that her kid didn’t sleep deeply and she thought “there may be some ghosts blocking her eyes and ears,” according to Reuters.
According to Supolwong’s parents, according to the publication, the girl didn’t seem to recall anything about the incident. Unidentified police officer discovered her in the classroom and carried her outside the childcare facility with a blanket over her head so she would not see her classmates’ murders.
When the youngster woke up, her grandpa Somsak Srithong told the BBC during a visit to the family’s house, “She had no concept what was happening.”
“She believed her buddies were still sound sleeping. As a police officer dragged her away from the pool of blood and covered her face with a towel, “Added Somsak Srithong.
At least 37 people, including 24 children, were reportedly slain in the shooting on Thursday, including the gunman’s wife and kid, who were subsequently discovered dead.
The shooter, who killed himself in his house, was revealed to be a former police officer who had been fired for drug usage and was scheduled to appear in court the next day.